1. Bullo V, Bergamin M, Gobbo S, Sieverdes JC, Zaccaria M, Neunhaeuserer D, et al. The effects of Pilates exercise training on physical fitness and wellbeing in the elderly: a systematic review for future exercise prescription. Preventive Medicine 2015; 75:1-1.
2. Nelson ME, Rejeski WJ, Blair SN, Duncan PW, Judge JO, King AC, et al. Physical activity and public health in older adults: recommendation from the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Heart Association. Circulation 2007; 39(8):1435-45.
3. Asp M, Simonsson B, Larm P, Molarius A. Physical mobility, physical activity, and obesity among elderly: findings from a large population-based Swedish survey. Public Health 2017; 147:84-91.
4. Ng M, Fleming T, Robinson M, Thomson B, Graetz N, Margono C, et al. Global, regional, and national prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adults during 1980–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. The lancet 2014; 384(9945):766-81.
5. Roubenoff R. Sarcopenia and its implications for the elderly. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2000; 54(3): 40-47.
6. Xu Y, Xu M, Bi Y, Song A, Huang Y, Liu Y, et al. Serum fetuin-A is correlated with metabolic syndrome in middle-aged and elderly Chinese. Atherosclerosis 2011; 216(1):180-6.
7. Dietzel E, Wessling J, Floehr J, Schäfer C, Ensslen S, Denecke B, et al. Fetuin-B, a liver-derived plasma protein is essential for fertilization. Developmental Cell 2013; 25(1):106-12.
8. Robinson KN, Teran-Garcia M. From infancy to aging: biological and behavioral modifiers of fetuin-A. Biochimie 2016; 124:141-9.
9. Ix JH, Wassel CL, Kanaya AM, Vittinghoff E, Johnson KC, Koster A, et al. Fetuin-A and incident diabetes mellitus in older persons. Jama 2008; 300(2):182-8.
10. Jenkins NT, McKenzie JA, Hagberg JM, Witkowski S. Plasma fetuin-A concentrations in young and older high-and low-active men. Metabolism 2011; 60(2):265-71.
11. Hennige AM, Staiger H, Wicke C, Machicao F, Fritsche A, Häring HU, et al. Fetuin-A induces cytokine expression and suppresses adiponectin production. PloS One 2008; 3(3): 1765.
12. Malin SK, Del Rincon JP, Huang H, Kirwan JP. Exercise-induced lowering of fetuin-A may increase hepatic insulin sensitivity. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 2014; 46(11): 2085-90.
13. Ozyazgan S, Karaoglu K, Kurt A, Altinok A, Konukoglu D, Osar ZS, et al. Effects of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation on serum fetuin-A levels in type 2 diabetic patients. Minerva Medica 2013; 104(3):287-93.
14. Tartibian B, Maleki BH, Kanaley J, Sadeghi K. Long-term aerobic exercise and omega-3 supplementation modulate osteoporosis through inflammatory mechanisms in post-menopausal women: a randomized, repeated measures study. Nutrition & Metabolism 2011; 8(1):71.
15. Schroeder EC, Franke WD, Sharp RL, Lee DC. Comparative effectiveness of aerobic, resistance, and combined training on cardiovascular disease risk factors: A randomized controlled trial. PloS One 2019; 14(1): 0210292.
16. Park SM, Kwak YS, Ji JG. The effects of combined exercise on health-related fitness, endotoxin, and immune function of postmenopausal women with abdominal obesity. Journal of Immunology Research 2015; 830567.
17. Mogharnasi, Azadmanesh, Mousa Zadeh. The Effects of Aerobic Training and Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplement on sICAM-1 in Old Males. Journal of Sport Bioscience 2013;1 (16); 125-138.
18. Nieman D. (2011). Exercise testing and prescription: a health-related approach. 7th ed. The McGraw-Hill Companies. New York.
19. Blumenthal JB, Gitterman A, Ryan AS, Prior SJ. Effects of exercise training and weight loss on plasma Fetuin-a levels and insulin sensitivity in overweight older men. Journal of Diabetes Research 2017; 1492581.
20. Yang SJ, Hong HC, Choi HY, Yoo HJ, Cho GJ, Hwang TG, et al. Effects of a three‐month combined exercise programme on fibroblast growth factor 21 and fetuin‐A levels and arterial stiffness in obese women. Clinical Endocrinology 2011; 75(4):464-9.
21. Keihanian A, Arazi H, Kargarfard M. Effects of aerobic versus resistance training on serum fetuin-A, fetuin-B, and fibroblast growth factor-21 levels in male diabetic patients. Physiology International 2019; 106(1):70-80.
22. Zhang LY, Liu T, Teng YQ, Yao XY, Zhao TT, Lin LY, et al. Effect of a 12-week aerobic exercise training on serum fetuin-A and adipocytokine levels in type 2 diabetes. Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes 2018; 126(08):487-92.
23. Dasgupta S, Bhattacharya S, Biswas A, Majumdar SS, Mukhopadhyay S, Ray S, et al. NF-κB mediates lipid-induced fetuin-A expression in hepatocytes that impairs adipocyte function effecting insulin resistance. Biochemical Journal 2010; 429(3):451-62.
24. Takata H, Ikeda Y, Suehiro T, Ishibashi A, Inoue M, Kumon Y, et al. High glucose induces transactivation of the α2-HS glycoprotein gene through the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Journal of Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis 2009: 16: 448-456.
25. Lee S, Norheim F, Gulseth HL, Langleite TM, Kolnes KJ, et al. Interaction between plasma fetuin‐A and free fatty acids predicts changes in insulin sensitivity in response to long‐term exercise. Physiological Reports 2017; 5(5): 13183.
26. Jialal I, Pahwa R. Fetuin-A is also an adipokine. Lipids in Health and Disease 2019; 18(1):73.