1. Jequier E, Tappy L. Regulation of body weight in humans. Physiol Rev. 1995; 79(2): 452-472.
2. Arch J. Central regulation of energy balance: inputs, outputs and leptin resistance. Proc Nutr Soc. 2005; 64(1): 39-46.
3. Schwarts MW, Woods SC, Seely RJ, Brash GS, Baskin DG, and Leibel RL. Is the energy homeostasis system inherently biased toward weight gain? Diabetes. 2003; 52 (2): 232-238.
4. Woods S, and Seeley R. Adiposity signals and the control of energy homeostasis. Nutrition. 2000; 16(10): 894 –902.
5. Hamman A, Matthaei S. Regulation of energy balance by leptin. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 1996; 104(4):293-300.
6. Hamilton M, Etienne J, Mcclure W, Pavey B, and Holloway A. Role of local contractile activity and muscle fiber type on LPL regulation during exercise. Physiol 275 (Endocrinol Metab). 1998; 38: e1016- 1022.
7. Tsutsumi K. Lipoprotein lipase and atherosclerosis. Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2003; 1(1): 11-17.
8. Mead JR, Iravine SA, Ramji DP. Lipoprotein lipase: structure, function, regulation and role in disease. J Mol Med. 2002; 80(12): 753-769.
9. Hamilton M and Bey L. Suppression of skeletal muscle lipoprotein lipase activity during physical inactivity: a molecular reason to maintain daily low- intensity activity. J Physiology. 2003; 551(2):673-682.
10. Kiens B, Roepstroff C, Glatz JFC, Bonen A, Schjerling P, Knudsen J, and Nielsen JN. Lipid binding protein and lipoprotein lipase activity in human skeletal muscle: influence of physical activity and gender. J Appl Physiol. 2004; 97:1209-1218.
11. Goldberg IJ, Eckel RH, Abumard NA. Regulation of fatty acid uptake into tissue: lipoprotein lipase and CD36-mediated pathways. J lipid Res. 2009; 50: S86- S90.
12. Zurlo F, Larson K, Bogardus C, and Ravussin E. Skeletal muscle metabolism is a major determinant of resting energy expenditure. J Clin Invest. 1990; 86(5): 1423–1427.
13. Atanassova P, Delchev S, Georgieva K, Koeva Y. Lipoprotein lipase enzyme histochemical activity in subcutaneous adipose tissue and skeletal muscle of the rat after submaximal exercise training. J. Conference of Biol. 2005; 263-268.
14. Bergeron J. Race differences in the response of postheparin plasma lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase activities to endurance exercise training in men Results from the HERITAGE Family Study.
Atherosclerosis. 2001;159( 2): 399-406
15. Herd SL
, Hardman AE
, Boobis LH
, Cairns CJ
. The effect of 13 weeks of running training followed by 9 d of detraining on postprandial lipaemia. Br J Nutr. 1998 ;80(1):57-66.
16. Seip R, Mair K, Cole T, and Semenkovich C. Induction of human skeletal muscle lipoprotein lipase gene expression by short-term exercise is transient. J Physiol. 1997; 272: 255- 261.
17. Seip RL, Poulos TJA, Kovich CFS. Exercise induces human lipoprotein lipase gene expression in skeletal muscle but not adipose tissue. Am J Physiol. 1995 Feb;268(2 Pt 1):E229-36
18. Ladu M، Kapsas H and Palmer W. Regulation of lipoprotein lipase in muscle and adipose tissue during exercise. J Appl Physiol. 1991; 71(2): 404- 409.
19. Ong J, Simsolo R, Saghizadeh M, Goers J, and Kern P. Effects of exercise training and feeding on lipoprotein lipase gene expression in adipose tissue, heart, and skeletal muscle of the rat. Metabolism. 1995;44(12):1596-605.
20. Paulin A
, Lalonde J
, Deshaies Y
. Beta-adrenergic blockade and lipoprotein lipase activity in rat tissues after acute exercise. Am J Physiol. 1991;261(4 Pt 2):R891-7.
21. Magnoni L, and Weber J-M. Endurance swimming activates trout lipoprotein lipase: plasma lipids as a fuel for muscle. J Experim Biol. 2007, 210: 4016-4023
22. Kern PA. Potential role of TNFα and lipoprotein lipase as candidate genes for obesity. J Nutr. 1997, 127: 1971S-1922S.
23. Perreault L, Lavely JM, Kittelson JM, Horton TJ. Gender differences in lipoprotein lipase activity after acute exercise. Obes Res. 2004; 12(2): 241- 249.
24. Donahoo WT, Jensen DR, Shepard TY, and Eckel RH. Seasonal variation in lipoprotein lipase and plasma lipids in physically active, normal weight humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000, 85: 3065-3068
25. Oscai LB
, Tsika RW
, Essig DA
. Exercise training has a heparin-like effect on lipoprotein lipase activity in muscle. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 1992;70(6):905-9.
26. Friedman JM, Hallas JL. Leptin and the regulation of body weight in mammals. Nature. 1998; 395: 763-770.
27. Lin X, Chavez M, Bruch R, Kilroy G, Simmons L, Lin L, et al. The effects of a high fat diet on leptin mRNA, serum leptin and the response to leptin are not altered in a rat strain susceptible to high fat diet-induced obesity. J Nutr. 1998; 128: 1606–1613.
28. Pataly M, Lofgren I, Freake H, Koo S, and Fernandez M. The lowering of plasma lipids following a weight reduction program is related to increased expression of the LDL receptor and lipoprotein lipase. J Nutr. 2005; 135: 735–739.