1. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Heavy menstrual bleeding, NICE clinical guideline Developed by the National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health, RCOG Rezan A. Kadir. Menorrhagia: treatment options .Thrombosis Research 2009:123 Suppl. 2, S21–S29.
2. Cohen BJ, Gibor Y. Anemia and menstrual blood loss. Obstet Gynecol Surv 1980; 35: 597-618.
3. Shangar M, Chi C, Kadir R.A. Review of quality of life: menorrhagia in women with or without inherited bleeding disorders. Haemophilia 2008; 14: 15–20.
4. Heavy menstural bleeding. National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health 2007.
5. Rauramo I, EloI. Long-Term Treatment of Menorrhagia With Levonorgestrel Intrauterine System Versus Endometrial Resection. The AmericanCollege of Obstetricians and Gynecologists 2004. VOL. 104, NO 6.
6. Philipp CS, Faiz A, Dowling N. Age and the Prevalence of Bleeding Disorders in Women With Menorrhagia. The AmericanCollege of Obstetricians and Gynecologists 2005.VOL. 105, NO. 1.
7. Lethaby A, Farquhar C .Treatments for heavy menstrual bleeding.BMJ 2003;327;1243-1244.
8. Fraser IS, McCarron G. Randomized trial of 2 hormonal and 2 prostaglandin-inhibiting agents in women with a complaint of menorrhagia. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 1991;31:66 70.
9. Archer DF. Menstrual-cycle-related symptoms: a review of the rationale for continuous use of oral contraceptives. Contraception 2006;74:359- 66.
10. Dockeray CJ, Sheppard BL, Bonnar J. Comparison between mefenamic acid and danazol in the treatment of established menorrhagia. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1989; 96:840- 4.
11. Beaumont H, Augood C, Duckitt K, Lethaby A. Danazol for heavy menstrual bleeding. Cochrane Database Syst Rev (Online) 2007; 3: CD001017.
12. Dilley A
, Drews C
, Miller C
, Lally C
, Austin H
. von Willebrand disease and other inherited bleeding disorders in women with diagnosed menorrhagia.Obestetrics and Gyneocology. 2001 Apr;97(4):630-6.
13. Lethaby A, Cooke I, Rees MC. Progesterone or progestogen-releasing intrauterine systems for heavy menstrual bleeding. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2005, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD002126.
14. Lethaby A, Irvine G, Cameron I. Cyclical progesterone for heavy menstrual bleeding. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD001016.
15. Working Party for guidelines for the management of heavy menstrual bleeding. An evidence-based guideline for the management of heavy menstrual bleeding. NZ Med J 1999; 112:174-7.
16. Lethaby A, Farquhar C, Cooke I. Antifibrinolytics for heavy menstrual bleeding . The Cochrane Library 2oo9. Issue 4.
17. Fitzpatrick R, Davey C, Buxton MJ, Jones DR. Evaluating patient-based outcome measures for use in clinical trials: Health Technology Assessment NHS R&D HTA Programme 1998.
18. Garratt AM, Ruta DA, Abdalla MI, Buckingham JK, Russell IT. The SF36 health survey questionnaire: an outcome measure suitable for routine use within the NHS BMJ 1993;306:1440–4.
19. Srinil S. Treatment of Idiopathic Menorrhagia with Tranexamic Acid. J Med Assoc Thai 2005. Vol. 88 Suppl.2.
20. Lee JY, Hahn PM, Van Dijk JP, Reid RL. Treatment of Menorrhagia with Tranexamic Acid. J Soc Obstet Gynaecol Can 2000;22:794-8.
21. Zhang ZY, Zhu YM, Huang HFng Z , Miao MHF
. A multicenter prospective randomized open comparative study on the treatment of ovulatory menorrhagia with tranexamic acid and norethisterone in China. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 2008;43:247-50.
22. Kriplani A, Kulshrestha V, Agarwal N, Diwakar S. Role of tranexamic acid in management of dysfunctional uterine bleeding in comparison with medroxyprogesterone acetate. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2006; 26: Pages 673-678.
24. Kaunitz A, Bissonnette F, MonteiroI. Levonorgestrel-Releasing Intrauterine System Or Medroxyprogesterone for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding :A Randomized Controlled Trial. Obstertrics & Gynecology. 2010:(116):3.625-632.
25. Kucuk T, Ertan K. Continuous oral or intramuscular medroxyprogesterone acetate versus the levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine system in the treatment of perimenopausal menorrhagia: a randomized, prospective, controlled clinical trial in female smokers. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol.2008;35(1):57-60.
26. IrvineGA,Campbell-BrownMB, LumsdenMA,Heikkila A,Walker JJ, Cameron IT. Randomised comparative trial of the levonorgestrel intrauterine system and norethisterone for treatment of idiopathic menorrhagia. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1988;105:592–8.
27. Lethaby A, Irvine G, Cameron I. Cyclical progesterone for heavy menstrual bleeding. Cochrane Database