1. Ibrahim HM, Mudawi AM, Ghandour IA. Oral health status, knowledge and practice among pregnant women attending Omdurman maternity hospital, Sudan. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal 2017; 22: 802-809.
2. Khader YS, Ta'ani Q. Periodontal diseases and the risk of preterm birth and low birth weight: a meta-analysis. Journal of Periodontology 2005; 76: 161-5.
3. Kim AJ, Lo AJ, Pullin DA, Thornton-Johnson DS, Karimbux NY. Scaling and root planing treatment for periodontitis to reduce preterm birth and low birth weight: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Periodontology 2012; 83: 1508-19.
4. McGaw T. Periodontal disease and preterm delivery of low-birth-weight infants. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association 2002; 68: 165-9.
5. Yu VYH. Developmental outcome of extremely preterm infants. American Journal of Perinatology 2000; 17: 057-062
6. Offenbacher S, Jared HL, O'Reilly PG, Wells SR, Salvi GE, Lawrence HP, et al. Potential pathogenic mechanisms of periodontitis associated pregnancy complications. Annals of Periodontology 1998; 3: 233-50.
7. Offenbacher S, Katz V, Fertik G, Collins J, Boyd D, Maynor G, et al. Periodontal infection as a possible risk factor for preterm low birth weight. Journal of Periodontology 1996; 67: 1103-13.
8. Wilder R, Robinson C, Jared HL, Lieff S, Boggess K. Obstetricians' knowledge and practice behaviors concerning periodontal health and preterm delivery and low birth weight. International Journal of Dental Hygiene 2007; 81: 81.
9. Robinson CB, Lieff S, Wilder R, Boggess K, Benedict S. Obstetricians' knowledge of and practice behaviors concerning periodontal disease and preterm low birth weight. International Journal of Dental Hygiene 2005; 79: 12-25.
10. Al-Habashneh R, Aljundi SH, Alwaeli HA. Survey of medical doctors' attitudes and knowledge of the association between oral health and pregnancy outcomes. International Journal of Dental Hygiene 2008; 6: 214-20.
11. Gambhir RS, Nirola A, Gupta T, Sekhon TS, Anand S. Oral health knowledge and awareness among pregnant women in India: A systematic review. Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology 2015; 19:612–617.
12. Asa'ad FA, Rahman G, Al Mahmoud N, Al Shamasi E, Al Khuwaileidi A. Periodontal disease awareness among pregnant women in the central and eastern regions of Saudi Arabia. Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry 2015; 6: 8-15.
13. Alwaeli HA, Al-Jundi SH. Periodontal disease awareness among pregnant women and its relationship with socio-demographic variables. International Journal of Dental Hygiene 2005; 3:74-82.
14. Gaffield ML, Gilbert BJ, Malvitz DM, Romaguera R. Oral health during pregnancy: an analysis of information collected by the pregnancy risk assessment monitoring system. Journal of the American Dental Association 2001; 132:1009-16.
15. HajiKazemi ES, Hossein Mohseni S, Haghdoost Oskouie SF, Haghani H. The association between knowledge, attitude and performance in pregnant women toward dental hygiene during pregnancy. Iranian Journal of Neonatology 2005; 18: 31-38.
16. Boggess KA; Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Publications Committee. Maternal oral health in pregnancy. Obstetrics & Gynecology 2008; 111: 976–86.
17. Avula H, Mishra A, Arora N, Avula J. KAP assessment of oral health and adverse pregnancy outcomes among pregnant women in Hyderabad, India. Oral Health & Preventive Dentistry 2013; 11: 261-70.
18. Zhong C, Ma KN, Wong YS, So Y, Lee PC, Yang Y. Oral Health Knowledge of Pregnant Women on Pregnancy Gingivitis and Children's Oral Health. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry 2015;39(2):105-8.
19. Boggess KA, Urlaub DM, Moos MK, Polinkovsky M, El-Khorazaty J, Lorenz C. Knowledge and beliefs regarding oral health among pregnant women. Journal of the American Dental Association 2011; 142: 1275–1282.
20. Thomas NJ, Middleton PF, Crowther CA. Oral and dental health care practices in pregnant women in Australia: a postnatal survey. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2008; 8: 13.
21. Tarannum F, Prasad RK, Shobha R, Kumar BB, Ebenezer S. Awareness of the association between periodontal disease and adverse pregnancy outcome among the general female population. Indian Journal of Dental Research 2015; 26:21-5.
22. Malek Mohammadi T, Malek Mohammadi M. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Gynecologists and Midwifes Toward Oral Health in Pregnant Women in Kerman (2016). The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility 2017; 20: 9-18.