1. Hassanzadeh S, Jameie SB, Mehdizadeh M, Soleimani M, Namjoo Z, Soleimani M. FNDC5 expression in Purkinje neurons of adult male rats with acute spinal cord injury following treatment with methylprednisolone. Neuropeptides 2018; 70:16-25.
2. Song W, Amer A, Ryan D, Martin JH. Combined motor cortex and spinal cord neuromodulation promotes corticospinal system functional and structural plasticity and motor function after injury.Their potential use for repairing the injured spinal cord. Spine 2015; 17:887-892.
3. Pourheydar B, Joghataei MT, Bakhtiari M, Mehdizadeh M, Yekta Z, Najafzadeh N. Co- transplantation of Bone Marrow Stromal Cells with Schwann Cells Evokes Mechanical Allodynia in the Contusion Model of Spinal Cord Injury in Rats. Cell Journal 2012; 13:213-22.
4. Virmani A, Koverech A, Ali SF, Binienda, ZK. Acetyl L-Carnitine Modulate TP53 and IL10 Gene Expression Induced by 3-NPA Evoked Toxity in PC12 Cells. Current Neuropharmacology 2011; 9:195-199.
5. Ewan EE, Hagg T. Intrathecal Acetyl-L-Carnitine Protects Tissue and Improves Function after a Mild Contusive Spinal Cord Injury in Rats. Journal Neurotrauma 2016; 33:269-77.
6. Duncan ID, Hammang JP, Jackson KF, Wood PM, Bunge RR, Langford L. Transplantation of oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells into the spinal cord of the myelin-deficient rat. Journal of Neurocytology 2003; 17:351-360.
7. Xu X, Li N, Zhu L, Zhou Y, Cheng H. Beneficial effects of local profound hypothermia and the possible mechanism after experimental spinal cord injury in rats. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 2016; 39:220-8.
8. Poon PC, Gupta D, Shoichet MS, Tator CH. Clip compression model is useful for thoracic spinal cord injuries: histologic and functional correlates. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 2007; 32:2853-9.
9. Rebouche CJ, Engel AG. Tissue distribution of carnitine biosynthetic enzymes in man. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 2002; 630: 22-29.
10. Jamshidi S, Heshmati M, Jalali Nadoushan M. The effect of acetyl L-carnitine on gliosis reaction after spinal cord injury using a compression model in adult rats. Daneshvar Medicine 2018; 25:15-24.
11. Savage JC, Picard K, González-Ibáñez F, Tremblay MÈ. A Brief History of Microglial Ultrastructure: Distinctive Features, Phenotypes, and Functions Discovered Over the Past 60 Years by Electron Microscopy. Frontiers in Immunology 2018; 25:803-809.
12. Coggeshall RE, Lekan HA. Methods for determining numbers of cells and synapses:a case for more uniform standards of review. Journal of Comparative Neurology 1996;364:6-15.
13. Patel SP, Sullivan PG, Lyttle TS, Rabchevsky AG. Acetyl-L-carnitine ameliorates mitochondrial dysfunction following contusion spinal cord injury. Epub 2010;114:291-301.
14. Abdul HM, Calabrese V, Calvani M, Butterfield DA. Acetyl-L-carnitine-induced up-regulation of heat shockproteins protects cortical neurons against amyloid-beta peptide 1-42-mediated oxidative stress and neurotoxicity:implications for Alzheime- r's disease. Journal of Neuroscience Research 2006; 84:398-408.
15. Sastry P.S. Kalluri S.R. Short review apoptosis and the nervous system. Journal of Neurochemistry 2000;74:1-20.
16. Vivoli E, Di Cesare Mannelli L, Salvicchi A, Bartolini A, Koverech A, Nicolai R, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine increaseartemin level and prevents neurotrophic factor alterations during neuropathy. Neuroscience 2010; 167:1168-1174.
17. Barhwal K, Hota SK, Jain V, Prasad D, Singh SB, Ilavazhagan G. Acetyl-l-carnitine (ALCAR) prevents hypobarichypoxia-induced spatial memory impairment through extracellular related kinase-mediated nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 phosphorylation. Neuroscience 2009; 161:501-514.
18. Kobayashi S, Iwamoto M, Kon K, Waki H, Ando S, Tanaka Y. Acetyl-L-carnitine improves aged brain function. Geriatrics and Gerontology International 2010;10: 99-106.
19. Baluchnejadmojarad T, Roghani M. Coenzyme q10 ameliorates neurodegenerati- on, mossy fiber sprouting, andoxidative stress in intrahippocampalkainate model of temporal lobe epilepsy in rat. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience 2013; 49:194-201.
20. Bhattacharya R, Singh P, John JJ, Gujar NL. Oxidative damage mediated iNOS and UCP-2 upregulation in rat brain after sub-acute cyanide exposure: dose and time-dependent effects. Drug and Chemical Toxicology 2018; 3:1-8.
21. Hota KB, Hota SK, Chaurasia OP, Singh SB. Acetyl-L-carnitine-mediated neuroprotection during hypoxia isattributed to ERK1/2-Nrf2-regulated mitochondri- al biosynthesis. Hippocampus 2012; 22:723-736.
22. Navarro A, Bandez MJ, Lopez-Cepero JM, Gómez C, Boveris A. High doses of vitamin E improves mitochondrialdysfunction in rat hippocampus and frontal cortex upon aging. American Journal of Physiology, Regulatory, Integrative and Comprative Physiology 2011; 300:827-834.
23. Bielefeld EC, Coling D, Chen GD, Henderson D.Multiple dosing strategies with acetyl LCarnitine (ALCAR) fail to alter age-related hearing loss in the Fischer 344/NHsd rat. Journal of Negative Results in Biomedicine 2008;4:51-57.
24. Tomassoni D, Di Cesare Mannelli L, Bramanti V, Ghelardini C, Amenta F, Pacini A. Treatment with acetyl-L-carnitine exerts a neuroprotective effect in the sciatic nerve following loose ligation: a functional and microanatomical study. Neural Regeneration Research 2018;13:692-698.
25. Goo MJ, Choi SM, Kim SH, Ahn BO. Protective effects of acetyl-L-carnitine on neurodegenarative changes in chronic cerebral ischemia models and learning-memory impairment in aged rats. Archives of Pharmacal Research 2012;35:145-54.