1. Zhou Y, Rui L. Leptin signaling and leptin resistance 1Cambridge Laboratories, Pfizer Worldwide Research & Development, Massachusetts 02139, USA Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, USA. Frontiers of Medicine 2013; 7(1): 207–222.
2. Myers MG, Cowley MA, Münzberg H. Mechanisms of leptin action and leptin resistance. Annual Review of Physiology 2008; 70: 537-56.
3. Ramírez S, Claret M. Hypothalamic ER stress: A bridge between leptin resistance and obesity. FEBS Letters 2015; 589: 1678–1687.
4. Paz-Filho G, Mastronardi C, Franco CB, Wang KB, Wong ML, Licinio J. Leptin: molecular mechanisms, systemic pro-inflammatory effects, and clinical implications. Arquivos Brasileiros de Endocrinologia & Metabologia 2012; 56: 42-56.
5. Amitani M, Asakawa A, Amitani H, Inui A. The role of leptin in the control of insulin-glucose axis. Frontiers in Neuroscience 2013; 7: 51-62.
6. Umeno A, Horie M, Murotomi K, Nakajima Y, Yoshida Y. Antioxidative and Antidiabetic Effects of Natural Polyphenols and Isoflavones. Molecules 2016; 21:1-10.
7. Kim AR, Yoon BK, Park H, Seok JW, Choi H, Yu JH, et al. Caffeine inhibits adipogenesis through modulation of mitotic clonal expansion and the AKT/GSK3 pathway in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. BMB Reports 2016 49(2), 111.
8. Darío E, Félix R, Montes MC, Angélica G, Angélica P. Caffeine's Vascular Mechanisms of Action. International Journal of Vascular Medicine 2010; 1: 1-11.
9. Hosoi T, Toyoda K, Nakatsu K, Ozawa K. Caffeine attenuated ER stress-induced leptin resistance in neurons. Neuroscience Letters 2014; 569: 23-6.
10. Aragonès G, Ardid-Ruiz A, Ibars M, Suárez M, Bladé C. Modulation of leptin resistance by food compounds. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research 2016; 60: 1789-803.
11. Shirali S, Daneghian S, Hosseini SA, Ashtary-Larky D, Daneghian M, Mirlohi MS. Effect of Caffeine Co-Ingested with Carnitine on Weight, Body-Fat Percent, Serum Leptin and Lipid Profile Changes in Male Teen Soccer Players: A Randomized Clinical Trial. International Journal of Pediatrics 2016; 4: 3685-3698. [in Persian]
12. Kempf K, Herder C, Erlund I, Kolb H, Martin S, Carstensen M, et al. Effects of coffee consumption on subclinical inflammation and other risk factors for type 2 diabetes: a clinical trial. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2010; 91: 950-7.
13. Attarzadeh Hosseini SR, Mir E, Hejazi K, Mir Sayeedi M. The Effect of eight weeks combined training on some insulin resistance markers in middle-aged men. Medical Journal of Mashhad University of Medical Sciences 2015; 58: 129-136. [in Persian]
14. Azarbayejani M, Abedi B, Piri M, Rasaie M. The Effects of a Single Session of Combined Aerobic and Resistance Exercise on Leptin Levels and Insulin Resistance Index in Sedentary Men. Qom University of Medical Sciences Journal 2012; 6: 46-54. [in Persian]
15. Sholi GA, Ghanbarzadeh M, Habibi A, Ranjbar R. Effects of aerobic-resistance (concurrent) exercise intensities on serum levels of leptin, lactate, glucose and net protein in active men. Koomesh 2015; 17: 133-141. [in Persian]
16. David P Swain. ACSM's resource manual for guidelines for exercise testing and prescription. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2014; 200-284.
17. Jafari A, Zarghami Khameneh A, Akhtari Shojaei E. The effect of different caffeine doses on acute inflammatory response following one-session exhaustive resistance training in male volleyball players. Iranian South Medical Journal 2014; 17: 847-859. [in Persian]
18. Amirkalali B, Hosseini S, Heshmat R, Larijani B. Comparison of Harris Benedict and Mifflin-St Jeor Equations and Indirect Calorimetry for Assesing Resting Energy Expenditure. Iranian Journal Nutrition Sciences & Food Technology 2008; 3:73-79. [in Persian]
19. Lustig RH, Sen S, Soberman JE, Velasquez-Mieyer PA. Obesity, leptin resistance, and the effects of insulin reduction. International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders 2004; 28: 1344-8.
20. K Yamashita, H Yatsuya, T Muramatsu, H Toyoshima,T Murohara, K Tamakoshi. Association of coffee consumption with serum adiponectin, leptin, inflammation and metabolic markers in Japanese workers: a cross-sectional study. Nutrition & Diabetes 2012; 2: 21-33.
21. Okumura T, Tsukui T, Hosokawa M, Miyashita K. Effect of caffeine and capsaicin on the blood glucose levels of obese/diabetic KK-A(y) mice. Journal of Oleo Science 2012; 61: 515-23.
22. Hongu N, Sachan DS. Caffeine, carnitine and choline supplementation of rats decreases body fat and serum leptin concentration as does exercise. The Journal of Nutrition 2000; 130: 152-7.
23. Jia H, Aw W, Egashira K, Takahashi SH, Aoyama SH, Saito K, et al. Coffee intake mitigated inflammation and obesity-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle of high-fat diet-induced obese mice. Genes & Nutrition 2014; 9: 389.
24. Rice AM, Fain JN, Rivkees SA. A1 adenosine receptor activation increases adipocyte leptin secretion. Endocrinology 2000; 141: 1442-5.
25. Lustig, Robert H. Childhood obesity: behavioral aberration or biochemical drive? Reinterpreting the First Law of Thermodynamics. Nature Clinical Practice Endocrinology & Metabolism 2005; 2(8): 447-455.