1. Baghiani Moghaddam MH, Ehrampoush MH, Rahimi B, Aminian AH, Aram M .Prevalence of depression among successful and unsuccessful students of Public Health and Nursing-Midwifery schools of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences in 2008, The Journal of Medical Education & Development Center 2011;6: 17-24. (Persian).
2. Association AP. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM-5®): American Psychiatric Pub; 2013.
3. Dinas P, Koutedakis Y, Flouris A. Effects of exercise and physical activity on depression. Irish Journal of Medical science 2011;180:319-25.
4. Kirby L, Zeeb F, Winstanley C. Contributions of serotonin in addiction vulnerability. Neuropharmacology 2011;61:421-32.
5. Sadock BJ, Sadock VA, Levin Ze. Kaplan and Sadock's study guide and self-examination review in psychiatry: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007.
6. Fink KB, Göthert M. 5-HT receptor regulation of neurotransmitter release. Pharmacological Reviews 2007;59:360-417.
7. Abbasian S, Attarzadeh Hosseine S R, Moazami M. The effect of regular aerobic training on serum level of β-endorphin and perceived training exertion in addicts with emphasis on brain reward center. Journal of Medical Daneshvar 2013; 103: 41-52. (Persian).
8. Hackney AC. Exercise as a stressor to the human neuroendocrine system. Medicina (Kaunas) 2006;42:788-97.
9. Thampson E. Roles of physical fitness programming in client treatment outcomes. Drug Court Interventions 2010:1-23.
10. Kaviani H, Mosavi A. Psychometric properties of Beck Anxiety Inventory in an Iranian population age and sex classes. Journal of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences 2008;66:136-40. (Persian).
11. Arazi H, Damirchi A, Poulab E. The effect of seven weeks of combined (aerobic-resistance) training on blood levels of serotonin and dopamine and physical fitness factors of addicted men to methamphetamine during rehabilitation. Journal of Medical Daneshvar 2016; 23: 21-9. (Persian).
12. Alberghina D, Giannetto C, Piccione G. Peripheral serotoninergic response to physical exercise in athletic horses. Journal of Veterinary Science 2010;11:285-9.
13. O'dell SJ, Galvez BA, Ball AJ, Marshall JF. Running wheel exercise ameliorates methamphetamine‐ induced damage to dopamine and serotonin terminals. Synapse 2012;66:71-80.
14. Valim V, Natour J, Xiao Y, Pereira AFA, Lopes BBdC, Pollak DF, et al. Effects of physical exercise on serum levels of serotonin and its metabolite in fibromyalgia: a randomized pilot study. Revista Brasileira de Reumatologia 2013;53:538-41.
15. Dwyer D, Flynn J. Short term aerobic exercise training in young males does not alter sensitivity to a central serotonin agonist. Experimental Physiology 2002;87:83-9.
16. Segura-Aguilar J, Kostrzewa RM. Neurotoxins and neurotoxic species implicated in neurodegeneration. Neurotoxicity Research 2004;6:615-30.
17. Teixeira AM, Trevizol F, Colpo G, Garcia SC, Charão M, Pereira RP, et al. Influence of chronic exercise on reserpine-induced oxidative stress in rats: behavioral and antioxidant evaluations. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 2008;88:465-72.
18. Jade Teta ND, Keoni Teta ND. Exercise is Medicine. Townsend Letter. 2009: 100-101.
19. Jamali FS, Moazzami M, Bije N. The Effects of Eight Weeks Aerobic Exercise on Serum Level of Beta-endorphin and Pain Perception of Dysmenorrhea in Sedentary Adolescent Girls. Journal of Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences 2014; 7:702-9. (Persian).
20. Øktedalen O, Solberg EE, Haugen A, Opstad P. The influence of physical and mental training on plasma beta‐endorphin level and pain perception after intensive physical exercise. Stress and Health 2001;17:121-7.
21. Kamayie A. Text book of Guidance of Addicts and their families. Medical Isfahan University Press 2010. (Persian).
22. Johari A, Hajirasouli M, Golmohammadian M. Effect of 8 Weeks Aerobic Exercise on Depression's Level of Addicted during Treatment with Methadone. Research Trend 2016;8:108-112.
23. Rawson RA, Chudzynski J, Gonzales R, Mooney L, Dickerson D, Ang A, et al. The impact of exercise on depression and anxiety symptoms among abstinent methamphetamine-dependent individuals in a residential treatment setting. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 2015;57:36-40.
24. Wang D, Wang Y, Wang Y, Li R, Zhou C. Impact of physical exercise on substance use disorders: a meta-analysis. PloS One 2014;9:e110728.
25. Mattson MP, Duan W, Wan R, Guo Z. Prophylactic activation of neuroprotective stress response pathways by dietary and behavioral manipulations. NeuroRx 2004;1:111-6.
26. Rhodes JS, Van Praag H, Jeffrey S, Girard I, Mitchell GS, Garland Jr T, et al. Exercise increases hippocampal neurogenesis to high levels but does not improve spatial learning in mice bred for increased voluntary wheel running. Behavioral Neuroscience 2003;117:1006-16.