1. Hursting S. Obesity, energy balance, and cancer: a mechanistic perspective. Cancer Treatment and Research. 2014;159:21-33.
2. Jones K, Dixon M, Dixon J. GPs, Families and children's perceptions of childhood obesity. Obesity research and clinical practice. 2014; 8: 140-8.
3. Serap S, Mevlut B, Inanc C, Ender S. Metabolic syndrome in childhood obesity. Journal of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics. 2007; 44: 657-662.
4. Arrigo T, Gitto E, Ferrau V, Munafo C, Alibrandi A, Marseqlia G et al. Effect of weight reduction on leptin, total ghrelin and obestatin concentrations in prepubertal children. Journal of Biological Regulators & Homeostatic Agents. 2012;26: 95-103.
5. Bahrami E, Mirmoghtadaee P, Ardalan G, Zarkesh-Esfahani H, Tajaddini M, Haghjooy-Javanmard et al. Insulin and leptin levels in overweight and normal-weight Iranian adolescents: The CASPIAN-III study. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2014;19:387-90.
6. Kern P, Di Gregorio G, Lu T, Rassouli N, Ranganathan G. Adiponectin expression from human adipose tissue: relation to obesity, insulin resistance, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha expression. Diabetes. 2003;52:1779-1785.
7. Nadeau K, Maahs D, Daniels, S, Eckel R. Childhood obesity and cardiovascular disease: Links and prevention strategies. Nature Reviews Cardiology. 2011; 8: 513–525.
8. Mosey T. High intensity interval training in youth soccer players testing results practically. Journal of Australian strength and conditioning. 2009; 17:49-51
9. ZilaeiBouri Sh, Khedri A, Ahangar pour A, ZilaeiBouri M. Comparing the Effects of Aerobic Exercises of High and Moderate Intensity on Serum Leptin Levels and Capacity of Fat Oxidation among Young Obese Girls. Journal of Fasa University of Medical Sciences. 2013;3 :81-87.
10. Balagopal P, George D, Yarandi H, Funanage V, Bayne E. Reversal of obesity-related hypoadiponectinemia by lifestyle intervention: a controlled, randomized study in obese adolescents. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism . 2005;90:6192-6197.
11. Barbara G, Monika R, Małgorzata S, Aneta G, Mieczysław W, Anhelli S. Changes in Serum Adipocytokines and Inflammatory Biomarkers Following One-Year of Exercise Training in Obese Adolescents. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolism. 2012; 3:212.
12. Nascimento H, Costa E, Rocha S, Lucena C, Rocha-Pereira P , Rego C et al. Adiponectin and markers of metabolic syndrome in obese children and adolescents: impact of 8-mo regular physical exercise program. Pediatric Research. 2014;76:159-165.
13. Nishimura R, Sano H, Matsudaira T, Morimoto A, Miyashita Y, Shirasawa T et al. Changes in body mass index, leptin and adiponectin in Japanese children during a three-year follow-up period: a population-based cohort study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2009;8:30.
14. Mirmohammadi S, Hafezi R, Mehrparvar A, Rezaeian B, Akbari H. Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity among Iranian School Children in Different Ethnicities. Iranian Journal of Pediatrics. 2011;21:514-520. (Persian)
15. Motlagh ME, Kelishadi R, Ziaoddini H, et al. Secular trends in the national prevalence of overweight and obesity during 2007-2009 in 6-year-old Iranian children. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2011;16(8):979-984.
16. Miller W, Wallace J, Eggert K. Predicting max HR and the HR-VO2 relationship for exercise prescription in obesity. medicine science sports exercise . 1993;25:1077-1081.
17. Atlantis E, Barnes EH, Singh MA. Efficacy of exercise for treating overweight in children and adolescents: a systematic review. International Journal of Obesity. 2006;30:1027-1040.
18. Kelley GA, Kelley KS. Effects of exercise in the treatment of overweight and obese children and adolescents: a systematic review of meta-analyses. Journal of Obesity. 2013:783-103.
19. Tolfrey K, Campbell I, Batterham A. Exercise training induced alterations in prepubertal children's lipid-lipoprotein profile. Medicine science sports exercise. 1998;30:1684-1692.
20. Kelley GA, Kelley KS. Aerobic exercise and lipids and lipoproteins in children and adolescents: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Atherosclerosis. 2007;191:447-453.
21. Chang C, Liu W, Zhao X, Li S, Yu C. Effect of supervised exercise intervention on metabolic risk factors and physical fitness in Chinese obese children in early puberty. Obesity Reviews. 2008;9:135-141.
22. Calcaterra V, Larizza D, Codrons E, De Silvestri A, Brambilla P, Abela S et al. Improved metabolic and cardiorespiratory fitness during a recreational training program in obese children. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2013;26: 271-276.
23. Kamal NN, Ragy MM. The effects of exercise on C-reactive protein, insulin, leptin and some cardiometabolic risk factors in Egyptian children with or without metabolic syndrome. Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome. 2012;4:27-40.
24. Thong F, Hudson R, Ross R, Janssen I, Graham TE. Plasma leptin in moderately obese men: independent effects of weight loss and aerobic exercise. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2000;279: 07-E313.
25. Maziekas MT, LeMura LM, Stoddard NM, Kaercher S, Martucci T. Follow up exercise studies in paediatric obesity: implications for long term effectiveness. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2003;37: 425-429.
26. Olive J, Miller G. Differential effects of maximal- and moderate-intensity runs on plasma leptin in healthy trained subjects. Nutrition. 2001;17:365-369.
27. Valle M, Martos R, Gascon F, Canete R, Zafra MA, Morales R. Low-grade systemic inflammation, hypoadiponectinemia and a high concentration of leptin are present in very young obese children, and correlate with metabolic syndrome. Diabetes & Metabolism. 2005;31:55-62.
28. Linares-Segovia B, Guízar-Mendoza J, Amador-Licona N, Barbosa-Sabanero G, Malacara J. Effect of an Exercise Program, on Hemodynamic, Metabolic and Inflammatory Markers in Obese Mexican Adolescents. Endocrinology & Metabolic Syndrome. 2013;2:2161-1017.
29. de Freitas AE, Lamounier JA, Soares DD, et al. Impact of a physical activity program on plasma concentrations of adiponectin, leptin and ghrelin in overweight and obese schoolchildren: A randomized controlled trial. Health. 2013; 51819-1828.
30. St-Pierre D, Faraj M, Karelis A, F Conus, JF Henry, et al. Lifestyle behaviours and components of energy balance as independent predictors of ghrelin and adiponectin in young non-obese women. Diabetes & Metabolism. 2006;32:131-139.