1. Association AP, others. DSM 5. American Psychiatric Association 2013.
2. McCarthy S, Wilton L, Murray ML, Hodgkins P, Asherson P, Wong ICK. The epidemiology of pharmacologically treated attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents and adults in UK primary care. BMC Pediatrics 2012;12(1):1.
3. Barkley RA, Murphy KR, Fischer M. ADHD in adults: What the science says. Guilford Press 2010.
4. Vaa T. ADHD and relative risk of accidents in road traffic: A meta-analysis. Accident Analysis & Prevention 2014;62:415–25.
5. Gross R. Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 7th Edition. Hodder Education 2015.
6. Wilens TE, Faraone S V, Biederman J. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adults. Journal of the American Medical Association 2004;292(5):619–23.
7. Roy A. Psychiatric emergencies. Compr Textb psychiatry. 2000;2:2031–9.
8. DuPaul GJ, Weyandt LL, O’Dell SM, Varejao M. College students with ADHD current status and future directions. Journal of Attention Disorders 2009;13(3):234–50.
9. Cox DJ, Madaan V, Cox BS. Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and driving: why and how to manage it. Current Psychiatry Reports 2011;13(5):345–50.
10. Lange H, Buse J, Bender S, Siegert J, Knopf H, Roessner V. Accident proneness in children and adolescents affected by ADHD and the impact of medication. Journal of Attention Disorders 2016;20(6):501–9.
11. DiClemente RJ, Wingood GM, Crosby R, Sionean C, Cobb BK, Harrington K, et al. Parental monitoring: Association with adolescents’ risk behaviors. Pediatrics 2001;107(6):1363–8.
12. Zadeh Mohammadi A, Ahmad Abadi Z. Simultaneous occurrence of high-risk behaviors among high school adolescents in Tehran. J Fam Res. 2006;3(13):87–9.
13. Fuemmeler BF, Kollins SH, McClernon FJ. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms predict nicotine dependence and progression to regular smoking from adolescence to young adulthood. Journal of Pediatric Psychology 2007;32(10):1203–13.
14. James, A. Lai, F.H. Dahl C. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and suicide: a review of possible associations. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 2004;110:408–415.
15. Hunter E, Harvey D. Indigenous suicide in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States. Emergency Medicine 2002;14(1):14–23.
16. Shaw M, Caci H, Hodgkins P, Kahle J, Callamaras N, Woods A. P01-575-Review of studies of ADHD: Long-term outcomes with and without treatment. European Psychiatry 2011;26:579.
17. Young S, Toone B, Tyson C. Comorbidity and psychosocial profile of adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Personality and Individual Differences 2003;35(4):743–55.
18. Shaw M, Hodgkins P, Caci H, Young S, Kahle J, Woods AG, et al. A systematic review and analysis of long-term outcomes in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: effects of treatment and non-treatment. BMC Medicine 2012;10(1):99.
19. Jahani Hashemiv H, Rahimzadeh Mirmahalleh S, Ghafelehbashy H, Sarichloo ME. Investigating the mental health of the frst-and last-year students of QUMS. Journal of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences and Health Services 2008;2(12):41- 9 [In Persian].
20. Alizadeh-Navaei R, Hosseini SH. [Mental health status of Iranian students until 2011: A systematic review]. Journal of Clinical Excellence 2014;2(1):1- 10. [In Persian].
21. Rafati F, Shamsi A, Pilevarzadeh M, Rafati SH. [Mental health and risk facors those in nursing students in ـ Jirof medical students]. Modern Care Journal 2012;9(2):137-45. [In Persian].
22. Conners CK, Erhardt D, Sparrow EP. Conners’ adult ADHD rating scales (CAARS): technical manual. In 1999.
23. Brener ND, Kann L, McManus T, Kinchen SA, Sundberg EC, Ross JG. Reliability of the 1999 youth risk behavior survey questionnaire. Journal of Adolescent Health 2002;31(4):336–42.
24. Bakhshani, NM. Lashkaripour, K. Bakhshani, S. Vhsyn bar M. The prevalence of risk behaviors related to intentional and unintentional injuries among high school students of Sistan and Baluchestan. Physicians East 2006;3(1):199–208.
25. Anisi J, Fathi-Ashtiani A, Soltani Nejad A, Amiri M. Prevalence of suicidal ideation in soldiers and its associated factors. Journal of Military Medicine 2006;8(2):113–8.
26. Miller ML, Chiles JA, Barnes VE. Suicide attempters within a delinquent population. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 1982;50(4):491.
27. Gould MS, King R, Greenwald S, Fisher P, Schwab-Stone M, Kramer R, et al. Psychopathology associated with suicidal ideation and attempts among children and adolescents. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry 1998;37(9):915–23.
28. Lam LT. Attention deficit disorder and hospitalization due to injury among older adolescents in New South Wales, Australia. Journal of Attention Disorders 2002;6(2):77–82.
29. Kelly TM, Cornelius JR, Clark DB. Psychiatric disorders and attempted suicide among adolescents with substance use disorders. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 2004;73(1):87–97.
30. James A. Completed suicide, ideation and attempts in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 2012;125(2):91–2.
31. Chronis-Tuscano A, Molina BSG, Pelham WE, Applegate B, Dahlke A, Overmyer M, et al. Very early predictors of adolescent depression and suicide attempts in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry 2010;67(10):1044–51.
32. Hinshaw SP, Owens EB, Zalecki C, Huggins SP, Montenegro-Nevado AJ, Schrodek E, et al. Prospective follow-up of girls with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder into early adulthood: Continuing impairment includes elevated risk for suicide attempts and self-injury. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 2012;80(6):1041.
33. Kessler RC, Üstün TB. The world mental health (WMH) survey initiative version of the world health organization (WHO) composite international diagnostic interview (CIDI). International Journal of Methods in Psychiatric Research 2004;13(2):93–121.
34. Sokero TP, Melartin TK, Rytsälä HJ, Leskelä US, Lestelä-Mielonen PS, Isometsä ET. Prospective study of risk factors for attempted suicide among patients with DSM-IV major depressive disorder. The British Journal of Psychiatry 2005;186(4):314–8.
35. Skirrow C, McLoughlin G, Kuntsi J, Asherson P. Behavioral, neurocognitive and treatment overlap between attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and mood instability. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics 2009;9(4):489–503.
36. Martel MM. Research Review: A new perspective on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: emotion dysregulation and trait models. The Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2009;50(9):1042–51.
37. Goel R, Agarwal A, Shabbir A, So JBY, Pasupathy S, Wong A, et al. Bariatric surgery in Singapore from 2005 to 2009. Asian Journal of Surgery 2013;36(1):36–9.
38. Rösler M, Casas M, Konofal E, Buitelaar J. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults. The World Journal of Biological Psychiatry 2010;11(5):684–98.
39. Das D, Cherbuin N, Butterworth P, Anstey KJ, Easteal S. A population-based study of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms and associated impairment in middle-aged adults. PLoS One 2012;7(2):e31500.
40. Skirrow C, Ebner-Priemer U, Reinhard I, Malliaris Y, Kuntsi J, Asherson P. Everyday emotional experience of adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: evidence for reactive and endogenous emotional lability. Psychological Medicine 2014;44(16):3571–83.
41. PERRY MD, ISHAK WW. The Quality of Life of Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Systematic 2012.
42. Lensing MB, Zeiner P, Sandvik L, Opjordsmoen S. Quality of life in adults aged 50+ with ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders 2015;19(5):405–13.
43. Mannuzza S, Klein RG, Bessler A, Malloy P, LaPadula M. Adult outcome of hyperactive boys: educational achievement, occupational rank, and psychiatric status. Archives of General Psychiatry 1993;50(7):565–76.
44. Sullivan MA, RUDNIK-LEVIN F. Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and substance abuse. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 2001;931(1):251–70.
45. Riggs PD, Mikulich SK, Whitmore EA, Crowley TJ. Relationship of ADHD, depression, and non-tobacco substance use disorders to nicotine dependence in substance-dependent delinquents. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 1999;54(3):195–205.
46. Furczyk K, Thome J. Adult ADHD and suicide. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder 2014;6(3):153–8.
47. Brezo J, Paris J, Turecki G. Personality traits as correlates of suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, and suicide completions: a systematic review. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 2006;113(3):180–206.
48. Miller M, Sheridan M, Cardoos SL, Hinshaw SP. Impaired decision-making as a young adult outcome of girls diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in childhood. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society 2013;19(1):110–4.
49. Royal JD, Kurtz JL. I ate what?! The effect of stress and dispositional eating style on food intake and behavioral awareness. Personality and Individual Differences 2010;49(6):565–9.
50. Scheres A, Milham MP, Knutson B, Castellanos FX. Ventral striatal hyporesponsiveness during reward anticipation in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Biological Psychiatry 2007;61(5):720–4.
51. Lee SS, Humphreys KL, Flory K, Liu R, Glass K. Prospective association of childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and substance use and abuse/dependence: a meta-analytic review. Clinical Psychology Review 2011;31(3):328–41.
52. Pratt TC, Cullen FT, Blevins KR, Daigle L, Unnever JD. The relationship of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to crime and delinquency: A meta-analysis. The International Journal of Police Science & Management 2002;4(4):344–60.