1. Scherzer-Attali R, Peled S et al. Orally administrated cinnamon extract reduces b-Amyloid oligomerization and corrects cognitive impairment in alzheimer’s disease animal models . PLOS ONE. 2011 ;6 : 1-11.
2. Hoyer S, LannertH. Long-term effects of corticoterone on behavior.oxidative and energy metabolism of parietotemporal cerebral cortex and hippocampus of rat: comparison to intracerebroventricularstre ptozototion. Journal of Neural Transmission 2008;115:1247-9.
3. Kumar A, Schapiro MB , Grady C, Haxby JV, WangnerE,SalernoJA,etal. High-resolution PETstudies in Alzheimersdisease.Neuropsychopharmacology 1991; 4: 35-46.
4. Rafie H , Mohsen H , Soheila H , Mina S. Cinnamon from the selection of traditional applications to its novel effects on the inhibition of angiogenesis in cancer cells and prevention of Alzheimer's disease, and a series of functions such as antioxidant, anticholesterol, antidiabetes, antibacterial, antifungal, nematicidal, acaracidal, and repellent activities. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine 2015 ;5 : 66- 70.
5. James D, Mary J, Judy D , Duke P.Ardvbadytranslator . Medicinal propertiesof spices . Publisher of the Border 2002; 1386 -1399.
6. Anne-Marie R, Isabelle H, RachidaBenaraba, MS, Tim N. Ziegenfuss, and Richard A . Antioxidant effects of a cinnamon extract in people with impaired fasting glucose that are overweight or obese . The Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2009 ; 28:16–21.
7. Malik J, Munjal K, Deshmukh R. Attenuating effect of standardized lyophilized cinnamomum zeylanicum bark extract against streptozotocin-induced experimental dementia of Alzheimer's type. Journal of Basic and Clinical Physiology and Pharmacology 2015 ;26: 275-85.
8. Prasad SN, Bharath MM, Muralid H. Neurorestorative effects of eugenol, a spice bioactive: Evidence in cell model and its efficacy as an intervention molecule to abrogate brain oxidative dysfunctions in the streptozotocin diabetic rat. Neurochemistry International 2015 ;95:24-36.
9. George RC1, Lew J, Graves DJ. Interaction of cinnamaldehyde and epicatechin with tau: implications of beneficial effects in modulating Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.2013; 36: 21-40.
10. Neveen S. Ismail. Protective effects of aqueous extracts of cinnamon and ginger herbs against obesity and diabetes in obese diabetic rat. World Journal of Dairy & Food Sciences 2014 ;9: 145-153 .
11. Grieb P. Intracerebroventricular streptozotocin injections as a model of Alzheimer’s disease: in search of a relevant mechanism. Molecular Neurobiology 2016; 35: 1741–1752.
12. Ishrat T, Hoda MN, Khan MB, Yousuf S, Ahmad M, Khan MM, et al. Amelioration of cognitive deficits and neurodegeneration by curcumin in rat model of sporadic dementia of Alzheimer's type (SDAT). European Neuropsychopharmacology 2009 ;19 : 636-47.
13. Lannert H, Hoyer S. Intracereboventricular administration of streptozotocin causes long-term diminutions in learning and memory abilities and in cerebral energy metabolism in adult rats. Behavioral Neuroscience 1998 ;112: 1199-208.
14. MeenaV, SreeSatya N, Surya Prakash DV, SumanjaliA v. A review on pharmacological activities and clinical effects of cinnamon species research. Journal of Pharmaceutical Biological and Chemical 2012;1: 653-66.
15. Assuncao M ,Santos-Marqnes M.J. Chronic green tea consumption prevents age-related changes in rat hippocampal formation . Neurobiology of Aging 2009; 32:707-17.
16. Dashti MH, Vahidi AR, Pilevarian AA, Farazn F. Effect of cinnamon on chronic pain in the rat formalin test. Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences and Health Services 2010; 17 : 190-199.
17. Sarinya Ak , Piyawan Ch, SirintornYi and Sirichai AD. Inhibitory activities of cyanidin and its glycosides and synergistic effect with acarbose against intestinal α-Glucosidase and pancreatic αAmylase . International Journal of Molecular Sciences 2010 ; 11: 3387–3396.
18. Peterson DW, George RC, Scaramozzino F, LaPointe NE, Anderson RA, Graves DJ, Lew J. Cinnamon extract inhibits tau aggregation associated with Alzheimer’ s disease in vitro . Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 2009; 17:585–597.
19. Ranjbar A, Ghasmeinezhad S, Zamani H, Malekirad AA, Baiaty A, Mohammadirad A, et al. Antioxidant stress potential of cinnamumzeylonicum in humans : a comparative cross sectional clinical study. Therapy 2006;3: 113-17.
20. El-Baroty G.S., Abd El-Baky H. H. Characterization of antioxidant and antimicrobial compounds of cinnamon and ginger essential oils . Asian Journal of Bio-Medical Research 2010 ; 4: 167-174.